PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 4th Dec 2006, 12:55
The Little Prince

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Tory and Thumper....

I think my colleague is just over-reacting to some of the bolshier Smoky Bacon postings; of course we'd like more money, of course we'd like a tighter scheduling agreement - but you have to see that we're a bit shy of adopting any of the policies and procedures of a failed bankrupt airline, particularly when the employees of that failed and bankrupt airline, (now being effectively closed down by its owners), start TELLING us how things are going to be. I'm not trying to be inflammatory, I'm just telling it like it is. I'm quite happy to listen to the two CCs, I'm quite happy to have suggestions made, I'm quite happy to welcome our new employees on board, as New Starters in the Flybe group, I'm even happy for them to be paid more than me in line with the TUPE legislation. However, even MY well known pearly smile will falter a little bit if and when our new joiners start to act as though they are in the driving seat, and start to pick and choose which parts of Flybe they will go along with, which bases and aircraft they'll fly, and how much money they'll require, and what conditions they'll work under. My hackles start to rise instinctively.
Like a lot of people on here, I've been through just a few career incarnations as airlines rise and fall, and I've never ever heard the likes of some of the Porkies being dealt out by the Baconeers. Talk about " Do unto others before they turn around"!
So come on chaps, let's behave a bit eh?

Last edited by The Little Prince; 4th Dec 2006 at 12:56. Reason: Grammar and Syntax errata