PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safety, incidents, etc
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2006, 10:46
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rananim
The ideal situation(call it CRM if you want) is when all crew members are open ,friendly and relaxed with each other whilst at the same time respecting the protocols that must exist for any crew to function effectively.
I have to say I feel quite lucky as in my company and in my base this is the situation 99% of the time. We call Captain Lousie "Louise", FO Dave "Dave" and so on.
It works extremely well 99% of the times, never once I had a Captain here introducing him/herself as "Captain". While it used to happen in Italy, for example.

There's a SMALL % of times where it doesn't work and it usually is the individual's fault, and it usually goes much further than that. I have to say it only happened 3 or 4 times in during my time in the UK when a Main Crew (and an FO once) literally disappeared during a turnaround to go have a fag in the terminal or to buy duty free without asking either the Purser's or the Captain's permission. A friendly, informal environment Can only work if the roles AND rules of conduct are clearly set in every individual's mind. Follow the protocol, accept the different roles, respect your workmates and we can all be friends. All to the benefit of the crew and passengers alike!

FBW