PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2006, 08:56
AreYouForReal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neidin
As a Cadet you do not have to pay EURO 2500 to leave a Brookfields contract and work on a Ryanair company contract. My son has done this and did not have to pay.

The pay on Brookfields for a Cadet is good. Better than working for Ryanair as you get paid gross and if you set it up correct can claim back training costs against from your type rating against tax you self declare.
Hi, can you please explain how you managed not to pay that E2,500? How many hours had you son done? Had he finished the Line training before hand. I couldnt see anyway out of that clause.

Brookfields pay you E45 for the first 3 months, then for the following 9 months its E65, and then it goes to E75 per hour gross. NO FLIGHT PAY added ontop, and you MUST be paid into a forign bank account, and then deal with your own tax. Dont forget you have to then take E5 per hour out of that for the Non-refundable recurrancy training on your B737 rating.

As for claiming the tax back on your type rating. I am checking to see whether because you are purchasing a service from outside the country of residency, you should be able to claim the VAT back anyway. I'll keep you guys posted.

As for Brookfields operating like this, I wonder whether Ryanair themselves realise how bad they are getting. Having someone phoning from an agency telling you that they are infact Ryanair, and then telling you that there is no other option other then to sign a Brookfields contract to be able to fly for them. It is giving Ryanair a really bad name.