PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Airways
Thread: GB Airways
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2006, 06:56
Oxidant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Latman
BA own just two routes that GB operate, the others and the slots are owned by GB.
Thank you, you beat me to it.

IF BA take over GB and BMED, it will be interesting to see where on the BA seniority list the GB and BMED guys end up
Get real, right at the bottom (Appropriate really)

I'd demand to be put at the top of the mainline seniority... If we are of such value that we are to be bought out, then show us our worth and plonk us at the top of the list!
Nice to see someone has a sense of humour

The only reason Kevin Hatton was appointed as the MD for GB was to prepare the airline for an eventual take-over by BA. The reason they have moved the engineering to Virgin and will be moving the handling is so that when BA close the Gatwick operation they can dispose of those elements of the operation easily. Bmed will also be taken-over with both sets of pilots and CC joining the common BA seniority list. In this way BA will gain a relatively new collection of A320s/A321s which will all be based at LGW to replace the 737s. BA/GB will announce the aquisition of A330s which will operate the routes currently done on the 777, giving a mixed longhaul/shorthaul Airbus operation out of LGW.
I'll have a gallon of whatever mind bending liquid you are drinking SID.