PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad long haul flight experiences
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2006, 01:57
ruddman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad long haul flight experiences

Flew to Germany around 3-4 months ago. Flight over there through SIN was fine. Return from Frankfurt to SIN, awful!!!

A few hours into the flight - around midnight or later, just after chatting up this hot Indian chick living in Sweden sitting next to me, I felt quite ill in my stomach very quickly. So I asked for water. Before the F/A could return, I had passed out. And I hadn't even been drinking!!

Wake up with every F/A around me, one with oxygen. I go back near the galley - 747 by the way - and sat in their seat to be more comfortable. A little while later I go to the toilet and have the 'runs' bad.

Go back to my seat to resume chatting up the cute indian girl, then feel like passing out again. I go back to where the F/A's seats where, sit down while calling them that I'm going to pass out again, which i did!

Woke up with the attendants in a panic. Although I'm quite relaxed at this time having passed out before a few times in the past- ahem. They had called for a doctor who checked me out.

I had ben in Germany on a "business" trip with about a dozen guys from OZ. One of them told the Doc about our busy week of "business" - drink, swimming, more drinking, parties so on. He reckons I've picked up a stomach bug and was simply exhausted, dehydrated and needed sleep!!

Now, here's the good part. After the Doc goes, one the F/A's makes a drink to rehydrate me. Lemon juice and salt. You have to be kidding, I'm thinking. I drink it anyway. 30 secs later I feel like spewing. I tell them that. As I get up to run to the dunny, a FULL belly of spew comes out. Everywhere. Near the gallery. Walls and floor.

I rush off to the toilet with more 'runs'. After which i feel better and return to my seat to continue chatting to the hot indian chic!!

Some flight.