PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gill ATR - so what did happen then??
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2001, 01:15
HugMonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, tilii, various details remain confidential, such as the identities of the crews in question.

As regards the F100 incident, yes, the CVR was inadvertently wiped, not by the flight crew, who took all precautions they could to preserve it. Unfortunately, therefore, the AAIB only had ATC tapes and the FDR in helping them to piece events together, plus interviews with all the crew and examination of the aircraft. What was said in that investigation, what was said to me and to Gill management remains confidential.

All relevant details that would assist in avoiding such an incident in future are contained within the AAIB report.

Beyond that, I will not assist any further pointless speculation, nor will I reveal anything that must remain confidential. I assume you agree that there is quite a lot about any incident/accident investigation that must remain privileged, if nothing else to protect innocent crews from the uninformed and uneducated prying of the gutter press.

As for the "incident" in the title of this thread, suffice it to say that our investigation is complete, the company have modified one or two procedures, and the crew involved are NOT the subject of any disciplinary procedures.