PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1Time Pilot Losses
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2006, 20:14
lipstick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Crew Management

Originally Posted by orgasmotron
It seems that the managment strategy and structure at 1time is not what it should be. Surely the Director Flight Ops are responsible for crew issues, recruitment, etc. as well as for maintaining the overall operational standard. In a previous thread, 1time was discussed for hauling pilots onto the red carpet for refusing to fly unserviceable aircraft or outside FDP. Surely the DFO should put a stop to that kind of reckless behaviour. Staff problems start at the top and work there way down.
I have followed this post with interest, know the previous ( or previous previous ?) Chief Pilot so I am keen for these guys to do well. I think Orgasmotron has hit onto a very relevent point. I know the DFO is or was a shareholder and the Chief Pilot is surely a senior manager. Surely with this representation the crew should not be s d around the way they seem to be. It seems wrong that the bean counters are able to do what they are accused of if the crew management supports the crew.

I would love to see this resolved, I know some of the first guys used to really enjoy it there. It seemed like a good place to be with some good prospects.Be a pity for the upstairs guys to be able to ruin it.