PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My experience from PPL to 1st Job!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2006, 18:40
Dan 98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
davey147,
Q:Why did you choose to do all your training in the UK?
A: Just worked out that way for me, didn't really want to be away for any longer than I needed to be with a family etc... It was more expensive, but I did get quite a good rate, and I think good experience in UK conditions. But it would be way cheaper in the states. Plenty of people go to the states and have no problems, if it suits you, go for it. I think the most important thing is to try and do your professional training in one place if possible.
Q:Also why did you choose to do the MCC with JetLinx, when you can get it virtually a £1000 cheaper at Oxford on a 737?
A:Jetlinx were recommended to me by a few people I knew, it was also convenient for me to travel to, ie. no acomodation required, and I also did it with a friend who I had done my IR/CPL with. as you say there are plenty of other places to go that are cheaper etc... and I stated in my original post it is not necessary to spend that money, you can do it on a TP for £1,500 and get the same tick in the box.
Q:Its just got me thinking, will i be at a disadvantage for not doing my training in the UK? does in matter where you do your MCC?
A:Not sure on this one, I think all at the same place is a must. Personal choice to an extent, but I would say this, you plan to fly in the UK I am guessing, so training in UK airspace may be preferable. I have never flown in the states so am not the best person to ask I'm afraid.
I don't think it matters where you do your MCC, it is a tick in the box.
Q:I was going to start my ATPLs at Bristol, but I found them extremely rude when talking to them.
A:Thats a shame, they are very good and have a really great reputation, sure you just caught someone on bad day. Thats not to say that Oxford aren't good as well, but I found Bristol to be really very good. Put it like this, they got me through first time with all 14, and 4 other guys I know who I went through with.
What i will say in general terms is this, everyone does the training in different ways, your personal circumstances will dictate this. But I have not got a job because of where i did my training, or where I went for my MCC.
Cheers
Dan98