Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2006, 17:34
nuclear weapon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Originally Posted by
[B
I still can't believe Ryanair has a waiting list of low hour pilots to join. I know 4 low hours who went to Ryan and all have left due to gross unhappiness.
Perhaps that's why Ryanair make it so financially punitive to join. Only the committed to apply perhaps?[/B]
I also know three people who joined this year and are planning to leave early next year. I spoke with David the man in charge of ryanair training at cae in Amsterdam a couple of months ago he told me they were going to be training 150 pilots for ryanair next year. I spoke with him again last week and the numbers have jumped to 300 and he told me half of those who go for the east mids selection have to go through for them to meet that figure.
As a newly qualifed atpl myself who has not yet gotten a job but have a fair understanding of the aviation business.
How is ryanair able to cope with so many people leaving and absorbing new trainees. You dont need to be a genius to figure out that thier human resourses department must be very chaotic or constantly working overtime.
Is it oleary's fault that the company is like this as long as they produce profits ( the end justifies the means approach) or the management actually or genuinely wants to treat pilots better but are held hostage by the owners disdain for pilots.