PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training from unlicenced aerodromes
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2006, 14:58
LD Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Training from unlicenced aerodromes

1) When a normally licenced aerodrome becomes unlicenced (for whatever reason - fire cover, runway condition etc), is it still the case that a PPL training flight must begin and end at a licenced aerodrome - requiring a ferry section to and from the licenced aerodrome?

I have heard it rumoured that training can now be logged by the student towards their licence / rating for the airborne time to/from the UN-licenced aerodrome.

Personally I haven't seen any official statement one way or the other and would be obliged if someone could point me to the current regulation.

2) Assuming the situation remains as per the former, under what rule is the ferry flight conducted? I assume it cannot be training since the departure airfield is unlicenced, and it cannot be private since the student is still paying for all the dual time, (i.e. the PIC Instructor is not paying an equal share as required under the rules for a private flight). Does this not make it illegal public transport??

Could one argue that the ENTIRE flight is training time - but during the ferry section only REVISION of previous exercises is carried out, so long as the Student only logs the time between licenced airfields towards his / her licence or rating?

3) In which case, can anyone clarify if the instructor logs ALL the time as PIC and INSTRUCTION time, (since the entire flight is a training flight), or does the instructor only log the training time as per the student?

Regards,