PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GF increases accom allowance - for singles only!!
Old 3rd Dec 2006, 14:21
tbaylx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jackbauer
Dixon's, FYI there has been a difference in the housing allowances for a long time in GF. Some of the new single guys are already getting more than the senior married ones! The thing is if you joined 7 or 8 years ago your rent is probably half that of those joining now, the market has risen considerably in recent years. The new allowance is to reflect this and make it a little easier on the new guys. As for a a collective voice....things will not change til people start leaving, so you jump first! If you believe any different then you have not learned anything in you time in the kingdom. PS I think that should be MINE own eyes.
jack,

There has been a difference in the housing allowance because the married guys were getting about 100 BD more a month to cover the rent on a larger place that they would need for a family. If that difference has now been reduced by increasing the singles allowance and not the married guys then i take issue with that. And if you think tghat the rent hasn't been increasing for everyone, regardless of their date of joining then you either are clueless to the rent situation here, or have a very generous landlord that hasn't increased your rent in years.
And i don't believe for a sec that at least bringing the issue up dosen't help, if enough guys bitch about it then it will change...eventually, otherwise they wouldn't have raised the single guys housing now that the retention is supposedly so good. Anyway the if you don't like it leave attitude just irritates me, i'd rather see it change and make it worth staying.

In any case i'd like to see this verified on a few guys pay before i get all excited...