PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education: What A Levels and Degree (if any)?!(Apr '09)
Old 3rd Dec 2006, 13:17
ramjett18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi while your studies sound extremely impressive, I have to say that it's all about flying experience i.e. quality time in the cockpit. What you need to do if possible is join you uni air squadron if they have one and obtain a ppl. Once you have that you can try to get a placement with a company, working on their ops desk and flying as a safety pilot would give you an insite into how the commercial world operates. Again if you could get some quality time on a twin turboprop, this would also look extremely impressive on your cv.

As for sponsership, there are very few companys that do this anymore, whats more likely is that you would be invited to take part in a self sponsered type rating scheme (SSTR) The price of this can vary depending on who does your training. Finally you could take the intergrated route with a well known FTO and pay in excess of £60k with a hope of an airline placement at the end. I hope this helps.

R18