PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar
Thread: Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2006, 05:19
Vince1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Just been reading on the Qantas thread talk of a JQ reality TV show.

This is what I know based on what I saw and what other crew told me.

To paint the picture a bit...... already existing domestic CC had to apply externally for JQ international. Eg; apply on JQ website, go through seminar, morning tea etc.

At the JQ international recruitment, think it was from about August a TV crew started filming the recruitment process.

The TV crew would follow applicants during different stages of the seminar process.

During the one on one interviews the TV crew filmed applicants answering their scenario questions. You are given the option to decline the TV crew from filming you. However, this wasn't really promoted.

During my morning tea the film crew were there (they weren't there during my seminar in July). I must admit I was a bit shocked but at the same time found the whole thing hilarious.

Myself and another existing domestic CC were being filmed while talking to a senior JQ management personnel. Honestly,I was just thinking I hope this doesn't make it on TV because I feel really stupid.
I am not sure who this TV show will appeal to. I felt it was a little tacky. Rumor has it that a select few applications were closely followed throughout the whole process and the TV crew filmed training school and first flights etc. I mean really, what is this going to achieve??? The flight attendants image to the general public isn't exactly glowing and especially if you work for a LCC.

I wonder if JQ HR will insist on the AWA conditions to be edited. The daily flying conditions eg; rosters and staff incentives were talked about during the morning tea.

Maybe this is the new Big Brother? Stay tuned!!

By the way I was offered a international position, but declined.