PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LL controllers in SUN EFPS shocker
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2006, 00:48
Pickled Pheasant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel I have to join this spat between north and south as I've been fuming about all the rubbish spoken about Heathrow by those who do not have a clue what they are talking about. When was the last time your unit worked 80-85 movements per hour from 0700 until 2300 without a break, without being able to bandbox any positions, and the staff had almost forgotten what early go's looked like as they were still going hell for leather when the night shift came on.

Please do not compare Heathrow to ANY other airport until you have come and seen what we do. Yes, you all work hard, doing radar etc, but can you say honestly that you do not get a break on the R/T for 1 minute. We do not. We do not complain about it either. We love Heathrow, that is why we work there. Who in their right mind would seek high house prices, congestion on the M25, exorbitant beer prices, and a 20 minute walk to work and be pleased to do it. Yes, you've guessed it, those Band 5 nutters who think they are better than you, who go to all those courses and rub your noses in it, and all those prima donnas who have now retired. If you think that Heathrow still thinks that way, you need to come and see that our average age is now around 30 and that we do not fit your outdated, and frankly, outrageous view of a Unit that shifts a hell of a lot of traffic with a dwindling number of people. If we negotiate something that we feel strongly enough about, do not have a go at us. If we win or lose, that is our problem. We realise that you got a bad deal. Do you want me to set up a standing order to you because I feel sorry for you? Having to leave work earlier to reach the new VCR does have an effect on my family and my way of life. I do have to give up my own time to now arrive at work on time. I will continue to work at Heathrow. I will continue to enjoy it, and I will be glad to show you round should you wish to come and smell the coffee before you pour it down the drain!