PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Meltdown - Has it begun?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2006, 18:42
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
RAF Club

Originally Posted by paddyfactor
How about a nice weekend at the RAF club? Apparently not, still full as it has been every time Ive asked the entirely unhelpfull staff for the past 5 years. Just as well as apparently i cant take my children there anyway! ( no under 5s allowed). I shall be cancelling my membership forthwith. As an aside our RAAF exchange pilot did manage to get in recently with his wife only for her to be refused entry at breakfast for wearing jeans! Thats how we host our allies is it?
Agree that is frustrating but there is a way to play the game.

You can book up to 3 months in advance and cancel at 24 hrs notice.

Jeans is unfortunate.

I must admit to be cheesed off by the number of visitors who use the RAF Club as exchange members. Compared with the price of accommodation, if any, at the overseas clubs the RAF Club is a bargain.

We had an incident in August. Booked tea for 8 at 5pm. At 4.45 I confirmed the order to be told tea was off. NO IT ISN'T I said, we booked weeks ago and Mrs PN spoke with the manager.

Tea duly arrived, piles of sarnis, cakes, fresh baked scones and all for about £5.50 a head. At least the message had been received.