PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Meltdown - Has it begun?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2006, 18:28
paddyfactor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fast approaching my 12 yr exit date and easy jet street is looking like a good option RAF pension or nay. Find myself continually frustarted by poor operational set up ( has anyone been to Ops at the 'DeeD'), engineering overstretch 4 x Js and engineering staff closer to 12 than the previously suggested 16. Walk rounds have never been so important hatches open all over the place. Even on important casevacs patients are left ebbing away in the back of aircraft while vital documents are lost or even more frustrating no one pitches up to rush them to medi care. All this in our more evolved arena never mind the NW frontier soldiers grave yard. The apathy of every one around you frustrates even the most mundane of tasks.

Still according to the grand fromage McNicoll?? on a recent BBC cover he is "quite content" with the RAF transport fleet and its poor engineering and general support, VC 10s with daylight showing through the cracks and pilots jumping ship at the first opportunity. How nice Im pleased for him, no doubt he'll be knighted soon or off on a pointless senior officers exchange to Washington. Meanwhile even our Copilots are doing their liciences or trying to get instructional tours away from the sandy areas.

Still musnt grumble. How about a nice weekend at the RAF club? Apparently not, still full as it has been every time Ive asked the entirely unhelpfull staff for the past 5 years. Just as well as apparently i cant take my children there anyway! ( no under 5s allowed). I shall be cancelling my membership forthwith. As an aside our RAAF exchange pilot did manage to get in recently with his wife only for her to be refused entry at breakfast for wearing jeans! Thats how we host our allies is it?

Now where is that easy jet recruitment site.