PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2006, 11:23
exrotarybooty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rayanair1

Perhaps you should be venting your frustration and anger, like me, at the total pratts who ditched their items where they did, thus causing the problems in the first place; and let's hope they are on CCTV doing it.

At what stage did you know it was a 'Duty free bag full of alcohol', or was this 20/20 hindsight? Perhaps you could volunteer to be the one to check what these 'items' really are.

I'm sure the Bomb Disposal guy on his way from Tidworth was wondering whether this one was going to be 'real' or just another false alarm, but they don't get to do their work sitting in an armchair safe at home. Neither do all the 'hi vis jacket' guys stood in the rain for hours protecting the public from what might just be the latest soft-target outrage.

I think we should cut them a whole load of slack for what is always a no-win situation for the Security personnel.

As a family, we were directly affected by this incident, but it was sorted within a few hours, and now my wife and daughter are sipping mulled wine at the Prague Christmas Market, (thank you chippy 63), and I can get on with the decorating!

ERB