PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 2nd Dec 2006, 09:38
The Little Prince

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Bacon Slicer for GMFO!

Look at the policies that we have in place - nobody can displace people already in positions.

So what's your problem? That would seem to safeguard you all until Jim sends your aircraft packing, which will take six months to a year I would think. The seniority list will presumably not affect anything until your lossmaking aeroplanes are sent back - so you have a perfect opportunity to try the water, and if you don't like Flybe, then move onwards without any of this angst!¬ It's not as though we're insisting on instant changes of ANY description, in fact since you'll initially be keeping your Ts and Cs, you'll be better off than most of US!
For the life of me, I don't understand your problems (you basically stayed too long in an airline you hated run by a bunch of incompetent crunts ( ) because you either lacked the bottle to go, or thought you could defy the laws of economics. )
Now, as it all ends in tears, instead of the dole queue, you have a chance to try out a new airline for free, and STILL move on if you know better. There's no point blaming us for your demise, after all, if your managers were worth a flying fock you'd have put us out of business!! It's incredible that you think you will start telling US how it's going to be, clearly a communications technique you have acquired from your management. There's absolutley no need to fall out - if you don't want to stay - then go. Do you think those of you joining EZY, or FR, or any other airline at all will be able to dictate your terms? Then why do you think you can with us? You're pushing on a piece of string people, it cannot, and will not work.
As Baconslicer says so eloquently
The real world is out there but remember to bring your own sandwiches.
It's not mandatory, but if you don't, then expect to go hungry.