PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Riverside Flight Center
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2006, 17:21
gsishta

I'm At Riverside!!

Hey people!! its all good here in Tulsa, we're snowed out for today so no ground classes had the first snow of the season and a great snowball fight last eve with the students and our dear Chief instructor!
Have started ground classes and had my first Sim session with Peter, my instructor. Anyways just wanted to say what a great place this is and the fact that we operate out of a class D airport thats on the border of class C airspace is turning out to be a critical advantage for all us aspiring commercial pilots ....which reminds me ..theres a LOT of those around here!! ...most, like me, from India and theres more coming in but so are the aircraft...5 new 152's arriving this week.....
During my first briefing with Peter he asked me to make a call to an FSS for a Preflight wx brief ...so i did, all the while looking out at the overcast sky and strong winds..just waiting to snow....and when the Wx guy heard i was calling "for VFR" he burst out laughing! "where ARE you? are you near a window?!"
But when I told him it was my first ever call and for practice only , Boy was he helpful! he patiently took me through each part of the standard wx brief and I wish there was some way for me to thank him.....
Thazzit for now folks,
Watch this space
G.