PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 1st Dec 2006, 16:38
The Little Prince

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Is the bacon cured - or just smoked?

94% of the voters are voting for BACon to go to the bottom of the Seniority List and quite rightly so.
I really DID try and tell you all - you can hardly blame us. I think you need to think how you would react if the situation were reversed, and think honestly.
Notwithstanding all of that, I've heard there is some issue with the due diligence, and things look a bit more complicated. Apparently some very private telephone calls and hurried meetings been set up at our senior management level and some involving the BAheads. Whatever.
A question though, one thing worrying a lot of us is which of your management are likely to try and slink across? The Fromage has mentioned a couple of names which fill me and my colleagues with dread, Deacon and Deverall to be specific .........come on boys let's have some info please!

I also hear that the base equipment is likely to be slower than first thought, which may mean you hanging onto the 146s for longer than was thought, although INV wasn't included in that particular thread. I don't know how much of this is factoid, just reporting 1st hand goss and opening things up for discussion.
Finally, again out of interest, how many of your guys are REALLY leaving as opposed to those who have got positions and have, or are about to hand in notice? Do you think there will be a lot of escapees from BACON-Lite who can't stomach the thought of Phelan up at Edinburgh and the death of another two years worth of BACON-Slicing before BA finally close everything? I understand that some of the management have been given a choice as to which way they jump, but may not have gone public with the news yet.