PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Temporary FAA Licence based of JAA PPL
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2006, 15:58
gcolyer
Blah Blah Blah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Seagull61
I`ve booked some hour building and an aero`s course in the states next year, so as far as i`m aware I don`t need a visa - correct? As its not for a further rating?

Also to validate my JAA PPL to a FAA one I have to send the appropriate forms to the FAA and CAA (along with the cash) and wait for it through the post. Do I still need to visit a FSDO over in the states, or will they send all the paperwork through - i have 5 months before I go so plenty of time you would think!

Any advice as ever very much appreciated!

I am keeping out of the VISA mess!

As for visiting an FSDO, I take it you mean for obtaining an FAA airmans certificate based on ou JAA license?

If so then yes you will need to go to the FSDO that you choose. you could always book the appointment at the FSDO to coincide with the date that you plan to arrive and fly in the U.S, although that leaves you no time to jump through hoops if you are asked to.

When I went for my appointment they insisted I had an FAA medical certificate as well as my CAA certificate. So I had to run around like a mad man to get the medical.

Last edited by gcolyer; 1st Dec 2006 at 16:11. Reason: Horrific Spelling mistakes (Any left?)