PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FA's have it easier nowadays?
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2006, 13:50
sukigirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here here Ozangel, I totally agree with most of the comments on this thread, One thing many people forget is that if you did a 9hr day at the office or shop, warehouse, any ground job for that matter. You would be ENTITLED to an hour lunch break and 2 15 min breaks. We are no different, though unfortuneately we have no official legislation for cabin crew (or maybe it exists but our companys deny it does!)

We go to our bunks because we are not of duty in the galleys or cabin. Any ccm will tell you that its no picnic in these miniscule areas. most of them you cant stand up in (we all look like impressions of hunchback of notre dame in there) and there may be a floor area of 3sq foot. We cant eat or do anything but rest in there.

Incidently my airline has recently removed its CRA on its baby buses. Granted they mainly do 6 -8 hr sectors but you have to hope you have no delays. They also do bom and del, I did one of these route recently and it was 10 hrs (especially as these babys arent the quickest race horse in the herd) When you add a 2hr check in and 1 hour the other end disembarking, checks immigration etc I wander how this is legal but of course our company assures us it is.