PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class C radar direction
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2006, 11:17
Chris Higgins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In over 800 approaches and landings at JFK I have never seen an extended final or situation based scenario that you have just concocted. You Sir, clearly don't have a clue and have never observed JFK!

By comparison I can remember holding over the West Pymble locator in a Mooney at almost 9:00 pm at night in the late 1980s.

Alright, I'll call a personal truce here if you guys can remain civil in kind.

Icarus brought up an important point about infrastructure. I don't know why you would only have one runway serving 27 aircraft in 45 minutes at Brisbane and I don't know why the situation has become so dire that aircraft are being left on taxiways for lack of apron space, but I think it's a good place to start.

I'm not a big fan of Land and Hold Short operations, and I'm sure you are used to using simultaneous crossing runways, so I'm sure that possibility has been exhausted. There's no way out of it, you're going have to start a big public works program to get the airports expanded.

Something also has to be done about the antagonistic culture that has now become part of being an Australian controller. The apology sticky on the top of the Dunnunder Godzone is indicative of a pervasive behaviour that we have seen on these boards for several years now. You all seem to struggle for answers when confronted and resort to personal attacks without source or foundation. I'm sure you guys think this makes you look smart, but looking back on some of your own threads, you all look pretty stupid doing this.

For one person, it cost how much to recognise this?

I don't need to defend my personal abilities or my personal integrity. I can still understand why we do a full-alignment on IRSs even though the FMS position is GPS backed, before going over water into RNP airspace, but I'm sure if you ever got to read a thread about training in Oz a few months back, before it got pulled there are plenty of people that don't! Training at all levels has fallen behind in Australia. You can't deny it, or we wouldn't be arguing about ways to reinvent the wheel.

I'm sure you guys all do good work, within the frame work, standards manuals and equipment that you've been offered to get the job done with. All I'm saying is that from an end user stand point it doesn't compare in ease or speed of operation to the rest of the world.

There are plenty of people and situations to believe, but the bottom line is that change is inevitable and I hope that we can all believe that any change must be made for the better.

Last edited by Chris Higgins; 2nd Dec 2006 at 01:49.