PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 1st Dec 2006, 01:34
remoak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And some very well developed policy documents (which are to everybody's advantage).
Well, not really, no. The only ones who stand to gain are the BACON pilots. Even if they somehow manage to get their salaries red-ringed, flybe are never going to raise the T&Cs of their own crews - firstly because it would cost them a fortune, and secondly because it does not fit in with their long-held LoCo aspirations. This will, of course, create some issues with the existing crews.

The only way the lifestyle of the existing flybe crews is ever going to improve, is if flybe invest millions in the infrastructure that they have needed for many years now, but which the management have steadfastly refused to implement. More to the point, I don't see that BACON have a significantly better infrastructure that could be put in place in the new airline, for little or no cost - because if it costs anything, it won't happen.

If I were the flybe pilots, I would be voting against anything that placed a BACON pilot higher up the seniority list than any flybe pilot, and anything that allowed the BACON pilots to join on a better package that any flybe pilot is on.

However, I suspect that what will actually happen, is that the flybe CC will quietly cave, and a deal will be struck that ensures the short-term stability of the larger flybe. Very sad too.