PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice for large passengers
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2006, 21:01
BOFH
Bludger extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vanderaj
Keep your opinions to yourself if you have nothing positive to add.
It is your right to eat as much as you want, and to have it any other way would be an abhorrent intrusion into your life. You seem sentient enough
Just how positive do you want me to get? Did it escape your attention that your right to do what you want was upheld by me? In what way, shape or form must I keep my opinions to myself if I am not agreeing with you? Well, that'd make for interesting discussions, wouldn't it?

Poster1: I think <insert postulate>
Poster2: Me too
Poster3: You're both right

Why else did you weigh (heh) in here in the first place, other than to make your case? Isn't anyone else allowed a turn?

only class of folk left who have no legal protection
Why do you feel you so weak that you need legal protection? What misfortune have you borne, short of shying away from the salad bar? All you have come up with, apropos blaming yourself, is 'bad choices'. The rest is metabolism this, Weight Watchers that, eating on the road, support from your family, 'other folks' (sic) willing to put in the hard yards. Why are you not mature enough to accept that it was you - not me, not WW, not George Z Bush - who did this to you?

I reiterate; I do not have a problem with the way you choose to live. I am not 'picking on' you for being fat. I think that it's a very positive thing that you're endeavouring to reduce your weight. However, I am remonstrating with you for your lack of consideration to others when flying and your fumbling efforts at justifying your position when doing so.

Let's face it, you're not exactly getting onto the debating team with:
no one besides young kids and small women with no hips can sit within seat bounds
As WHBM pointed out, we normals are not shrinking the aircraft on you behind your back. Promise.
I don't want their wallet, iPod or keys sticking into me
Nice straw man, what's his name? If a fellow passenger is rude enough to have something extraneous sticking into you, you simply tell him to remove it. If it's an endogenous roll of lard, that's a little more difficult - unless you can truss him up like a turkey with string.

The only thing keeping this thread vaguely on topic is that the average air traveller's worst fears are being confirmed. There are lipid-rich people who feel no shame at making our next flight a nightmare of contortion. And it's all our fault.

BOFH