PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus technology defects
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2006, 20:39
Zeke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WAGM
I'd suggest and have read it's caused by a dual radalt fault which results in a 'normal' out of range signal comming {coming} from the radalts antennas caused by possible water ingress.
Load of bollocks, dual rad alt failure gives you direct law on gear down.

The Heineken beer advertisement featured a model aircraft, nothing about that advertisement comes close to reality. Are you this gullible to other advertisements produced by beer companies ?

Likewise if the speed decays to Alpha floor, before the aircraft knows its on the ground, then Alpha Lock is activated and TOGA is commanded unless the Autothrust instinctive disconnect is held for 15 seconds prior to this occuring {occurring}.
Likewise another load of bollocks. No such thing as "Alpha Lock".

As an operator my company SoP's call "RadAlt Alive" at 2500, is this standard with other companies and is it generally recognized that should the Radalt indication not appear then it's a lot more significant than such a failure on the other Brand of A/C.
Another load of bollocks, the calls and FMAs are for low vis operations, the Airbus assumes each and every landing is CAT III. The aircraft does not know the visibility and cloud base.

Rad alt failure on a 777 will not do wonders for an autoland either. No aircraft I am aware of that is currently in production can do an autoland or low visibility approach to a DH without a rad alt.