PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 30th Nov 2006, 17:29
The Little Prince

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Seniority / Tandem Rotor

Well Tandem me old chickadee, firstly being a mainliner, I should have thought you'd have been too busy preparing your brazier to be involved with what the mere mortals of 'Plastic BA' as you used to call us were doing, but thanks for the concern. In a nutshell, I really don't think there will be too much impact, it's going to be a long drawn out process, and it shouldn't necessarily affect too many people anyway. For example, when LoganAir finally sorted the Manxies out, although that was a bit irritating to some of the Fraggles, I don't think anyone actually got disadvantaged - pilots are funny really, they whinge over the most inconsequential things! As far as the big Emb is concerned, if you're at a base that gets them you'll have a better chance than if you're not. Remember that Loganair company, they didn't move people all over the UK and then back just to comply with a seniority list, they were pragmatic, and I reckon Jim will be too - after all, he has a business to run, and we are just units of labour in the final analysis. Of course, length of service is often parroted about too. It hasn't really done you a lot of good with BACON has it, and I don't believe it will with BACON-lite either. The choice is simple right now, a job with us, or no job. Argue about the flavour of the marmalade after you've got the slice of toast!!!!!
As for BA, well, , will anyone REALLY and truly trust them and join this new EDI operation? Phelan as the Chief Pot Walloper, omigod, you just CANNOT be serious!!!!!!! Hutchings lying close to his bruv-in-law, I mean, what chance has the outfit got? Nope, they are just using this as a method of keeping the LCY slots, and they care NOT ONE JOT for any of you.
Don'yt fall out with us, don't fall for the sh1tstirrers on here, just think how you would feel in our shoes, ask yourselves whether you want a job with Sleazy - good money but by jings you'll earn it. I reckon it'll take a long time to settle down, so still plenty of time to change your mind - look on the bright side, it's better than BA!!! Just read the BA pilots will strike thread if you doubt that!

Good luck everyone, Christmas is coming, goodwill to all men - except the BA management, may they catch a rotten tropical festering STD!