PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Solentflight - Lee on Solent
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2006, 16:45
Green Spitfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by swhitt
For all the doubting Thomas's out there, I visited Solent Flight at Lower Upham today to discuss booking a PPl package. The telephone didn't stop ringing for most of the time I was there so rest assured you will get through eventually.
First impressions:- Very professional outfit, friendly, patient and happy to talk about anything (including the issues surrounding LOS joint site ownership).
My son, a military pilot, introduced me to this flight school with nothing but praise.
Now I have met the people involved I couldn,t agree with him more.

Living close to LOS airfield I am surprised that only the fence incident involving SF has been discussed and not the other 5 that have occurred with other operators.
I am really pleased that you are considering a PPL course with Solent Flight, everything you have mentioned about their professionalism and friendliness, is what I have encountered since becoming a student pilot with them. As you say, it is amazing how only Solent Flight's misfortunes with gates have been mentioned on this thread as there have definitely been others - you only have to read the local newspapers to find that out!