PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Southwest
Thread: Air Southwest
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2006, 13:33
crew the screw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW...Calm down fellas! (Ladies Included ukts?)

Seems as though Barron Buzz and I have come under fire for our opinions a wee bit. Firstly I'm quite sure of who is in charge at Air Southwest, and the history (Not only Brymon...)
As Barron Buzz said why would any pilot want an Airline to fail?

Now lets address some of the Attack points from the above posters...
RESPRYN:-

"The company is small enough and friendly enough to approach the likes of the CM, MD or even the Big Boss of Sutton Harbour, if you have suggestions on how you feel they could be moving ASW forward"

If Indeed it is as such then this sounds like a really good Idea.. Maybe in one of those Staff Forums that gives companies a wee tick in a box to become 'Investers in People'... Woo Hoo?! How many ideas or plans aired in such meetings ever get actioned (In my experience very few.) I know from My point of view I'm sick and tired of asking ,suggesting, BEGGING for stuff to be done(Nothing too life changing..) Can only guess it's very different in ASW judging by RESPRYNS comments about Intercompany Holistic Management... but hey you obviously know more than us on the outside

Dash 7 Lover:-

Coludn't agree more, BRS base needs to stay in some way shape or form Lets hope you are right about ASw ready to pounce
(Well ok.. Maybe just jump gently) onto some of the opportunities presented.

ukts:-

Underestimate Management.. Oh no not me Sir far too afraid to do that. Just hope THEY could spell BRYMON? Sounds as though you've settled in well as a management lap dog in the few months you've been there. Glad to hear you've got faith though, something so sadly lacking in todays cynical world. Maybe wait untill you've had at least some line experience before bestowing faith in anything?
As for logistics, Yes you are quite right it all takes time, money, patience (sounds like you're not too sure of the capabilities of your Ops department ukts so won't include them? but what is also needed is something called PLANNING Business Master Class #1. but mainly it takes drive and desire to be bigger and better.
IMHO what's lacking from the previously discussed management. Too intent on increasing a share price and offsetting profits And before someone jumps on me for that I know exactly what the benefits of this are too. Just IMHO Drive and desire need to slightly outweigh steady complaicency

Ok now to address the childish and short sighted comments from above

Originally Posted by Respryn
instead of hiding behind an anonymous forum like this
Pot... Kettle... Black? Come on Get a life... Instead of having a go about someone elses Anonymity Use your own name!!!???

Phew... Rant Mode off.. We're all giving OPINIONS here dudes!! Nothing else, lets all keep it together

Last edited by crew the screw; 30th Nov 2006 at 14:40. Reason: Yet more ranting, and maybe just a wee bit of fire poking?