PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Solutions
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2006, 12:06
podbreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whiskey Oscar Golf
One of the reasons Qantas is ripe for a takeover is the staff discontent that is often displayed on this forum. I am wondering what it would take for the staff and management to reconcile in some way? Is it too obvious ie J* or are there deeper problems? If this doesn't happen I fear the whole thing will go the way of AN and at that point it doesn't matter who we blame.
Firstly I reckon Mac bank would do a better job than Air NZ did with AN. Secondly the problems run deeper than J*. Agent Orange is a symptom of the problem. Management culture at the highest level of Q appears to be cut-throat. Company morale should be more important than ruthless cost-cutting. Only so much blood can be spilt. Employees fear their job security, conditions and their future in general. Fear is possibly the worst thing for motivation, subsequently adversly affecting productivity. The whole 'engagement' issue is just another symptom. If theres insecurity and bugger all carrer progression, how motivated can one possibly be to do the company proud?

How to fix it? Try cutting the doom and gloom. Give the employees incentives to be more productive. Make it clear employees are valued. Take a pay cut at the highest level before you send one more employee home or offshore. That, for a start, will ease the pain.

aircraft, when you properly understand the problem and the company, only then should you comment.