PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice for large passengers
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2006, 11:25
vanderaj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BOFH
vanderaj
I really hope that you don't go around applying this 'test' to everything you hear to figure out whether you should be offended or not. Why fish for insults?
I will reverse it. Why do you pick on the only class of folk left who have no legal protection, the fat? When I eat in public, many folks give me distasteful looks, as if it's the fifth all you can eat banquet I've had that day. It's abhorrent that shallow folks are allowed to pick on us because of our body shape, just that it's abhorrent that some folks discriminate on the basis of skin color, religion (or the lack thereof), gender or sexuality. But being fat, you are well within your God given rights to pick on us as we have no come back.

I'm losing weight to have a family and be around when they grow up. I know the impact of being the weight I am. I don't need your (or anyone else's) toxic negativity to understand how my metabolism and poor choices over the 16 years it's taken me to gain 45 kg of unnecessary weight.

That is, until you make it my problem. When obese people intrude into what I have every right to expect is my space, their right to gorge themselves on cheap, greasy, mass-produced cheeseburgers and voraciously mopping up any dropped lardy goo from the cardboard box with salty french fries has to be called into question, don't you think?
BOFH
Did I mention the bit where when I eat, folks plainly show on their faces that they're thinking "fatty must have had five meals today already. Disgusting!" At least they don't say it out loud in front of me. On the other hand, you just put it on this forum for all to read showing the world just what an awful person you really are.

No matter how much you might think we all eat lardy goo from the bottom of cardboard boxes and eat the little bits of cheese stuck to the cheeseburger wrappers, it's simply not the case. For me, my weight gain is the result of eating one or two bad things *per week*. I'm sure everyone here has had one more taco than truly necessary. Gaining weight just requires a few bad choices every week, and you'll be like me.

Getting it off again requires more than just making a few good choices every week. It requires every meal, every snack and every drink to be the best choice (or at least not too bad). It requires sincere effort at the gym and to walk as much as possible every day. It requires not being given incredibly bad advice (e.g. my first failed diet, one of many, Weight Watchers used to be a high GI, constrictive diet suitable only for women. They don't do that any more, but it HURT me. I gained nearly half my excess weight after giving up at WW as it's simply the wrong advice). It requires support from friends and family, and other folks willing to put in the hard yards.

Losing weight does not require toxic oafish boors. Keep your opinions to yourself if you have nothing positive to add.

Andrew