PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kris Kristoffersons helicopter licence?
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2006, 11:18
forget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brilliant guy. IQ in the thousands!

"I have been with the best that the bastards could muster
from Danny the Dildo to Sydney the Snake.
Now I feel like a working girl pausing to wonder
just how much screwin' the spirit can take.

See interview http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/...s/s1422317.htm

I'm pretty sure it was a UH-IH.
-----------------------

KRIS KRISTOFFERSON: That was - I wish I'd never done that because what happened was, I had known John for a couple of years. I'd been his janitor at the recording studio he recorded at. I gave him every song I ever wrote. I would give them to June Carter or to Luther Perkins, his guitar player. I never wanted to bother him at the time. But he always was encouraging about it but he never recorded any of them. So once, after a couple of years, I joined the National Guard briefly in Tennessee and was flying helicopters because I'd done that in the military. I took a tape out to him and landed on his - almost on his roof. I landed on his property and pitched him the song. Everybody who has heard about that now figures they can do anything they want to and there would never be a greater invasion of privacy than I put John through.

ANDREW DENTON: So when you landed on his lawn in a chopper, he came out?

KRIS KRISTOFFERSON: Well, our memories differ on this one. John said something - well he had, kind of, a creative memory. He said that I stepped out of the helicopter with a beer in one hand and a tape in the other, and it takes two hands to fly a helicopter and I've never flown with a beer in my life. But he did me so much good, I'm willing to go along with the story. It sounds better.