PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Suffering for the Airline Industry
Old 30th Nov 2006, 08:24
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am not suggesting anything...there are plenty of scientists that suggest just that though...read it all and then declare it all bs...but read with an open mind rather than one that suggests what you were told at primary school is unassailable fact that should never be revisited based on better science than they had 150+ years ago.

Do you really think all oil and gas came from rotting animals and vegetation?

All those trillions of barrels of oil, including those that sit deep under the bottom of the deep ocean..10 of 1000's of feet down?

That is a **** load of dead things...even ignoring that most of the dead things got eaten by living things before they had a chance to become part of the deap earth and be exposed to all that voodoo that, apparently, turned them into oil/gas.

I gotta say I find that a little harder to accept than the theory that says it comes from chemical reactions deeper in the earth and bubbles up towards the surface.

Doesn't it just peak your logic sensors a tad?

The whole Peak oil theory is based on oil/gas being made from dead dinosaurs and therefore being very finite...when have they conclusively proved that to be the case?

Abiotic oil might be BS and it might not be BS...convince me it is rather than just getting all worked up and quoting the Peak Oil/Global warming doomsayers

I personally find it hard to take seriously any group that espouse depopulation (mass euthanasia) as a desired course of action post the world running out of dead dinosaurs and amoeba.