PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class C radar direction
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2006, 06:37
VVS Laxman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you shouldn't have anyone holding anywhere:-ever!
Chris, comments like that indicate to everyone who actually understands air traffic and airline schedules that you have no idea (don't mention LTOP or Noise abatement flight paths or runway limtiations, political movement caps or not, or due lack of high speed exits, aerodrome design etc.). Such a bold statement makes me instantly dismiss your other points (valid or not) as I have formed my view of the worth of your posts. Good luck to you; leave us be.
Almost all holding in OZ is due to a lack of concrete, not a lack of airspace; lack of awareness in the GA community of calling more than 10 seconds before you need is another significant factor; then there are the staffing delays...
Saw a very good article from the Chicago tribune earlier in the week where whole segments of airpace were reduced to 15 IFR movements an hour due lack of staff, oh yes it is a wonderful system in the USA, let's have it here, but bet they enjoyed the otherwise frustrated VFRs (delayed IFRS going VFR) flying about in E instead; all in the name of a safe system, not!
Remember the eurocontrol study; Australia has far less centre controllers per head of aircraft and a very similar number of tower controller/aircraft ratio when compared to the FAA.
It's not all about the 5NM or the 30NM from the runway; that's just the dead horse that is getting flogged again.

What do you think of this warning issued by IFALPA? http://www.ifalpa.org/sab/07SAB08Cla...ions_in_US.pdf
Seems all is not safe outside Class B, unless directly above it.

Last edited by VVS Laxman; 30th Nov 2006 at 07:02.