PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2006, 19:32
FIEVAL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there!

INTO THE SKIES - Nails are not an issue, as long as your fingernails are clean thats the main thing. They dont do any sort of grooming test they just look at how well you are presented! And for the record, I have manicured french tips and thats what I wore to the assessment day!

MSHOSTESS - Have a look though "anything to do with emirates thread" there is heaps of information, but to put the process short here goes
1 - Recruiters introduce themselves, tell the hopefuls a little bit about Dubai and what to expect in the job. Then they show a video about emirates as a airline and then dubai as a country. (you can actually find a copy of this video on "you tube", someone has acutally posted the link in this forum just look back through the posts I know its here)
2 - Recruiters then take your CV, one on one, its all of 5 minutes if that. They usually ask what you are currently doing and issue you with a number.
3 - You are then broken up into groups of about 20-25 depending on numbers and put in to group discussion. The recruiters then observe your interaction with other group members. Our first excercise in a group was to introduce the person sitting next to you! Then we had to have a group discussion about a topic they give us! Ours at the time was - "name any 6 people in the world, you think should receive a noble prize"! You are then asked to leave the room, they then select who will go onto the next round, they put letters out ("congratulations you have made it" letters and "sorry you were unsuccessful" letters) they layout all the letters on a table with your number and you are then asked to check your letter to see if you have made it.
4 - You are then broken down into a smaller group, of about 10-15 people, you do another group discussion, the recruiters will observe you yet again, you are then asked to leave the room and they go through the selection process again
5 - We were then brought back into the room and told that we had made it to the final interview and had to take a psych test, nothing too diffcult all just common sense really
6 - My final interview was the next day, one on one with the two recruiters, they ask pretty standard questions that you would normally be asked in a job interview ie:
Explain a time you have gone out of your way to help a complete stranger?
Explain to us a time in your current job that you have gone out of your way to help a customer/client - explain the outcome, was your client happy, upset with the outcome?
Explain a time you have had to implement some sort of procedure, excercise in your work place to make things easier and weather you fellow collegues utilised your suggestion?
How would you feel about living away from family?
These were just some of the questions asked.
You are then told that you will have an answer from them in 6 weeks time as it is then up to the HR in Dubai to process final approval.
(so just incase anyone is wondering weather they will get an answer the day of their final interview, you wont! This is when the waiting game begins)
7 - 3 weeks after final interview I received a phone call from Emirates advising that I had been successful and would now have to progress to the next round which is "medicals" (nb:at this stage employment is still not confirmed you have just been selected for the next round) they email you are whole lot of documents that you need to take to your doctors, dentist etc. Once these are all completed you send them back and wait!
8 - 37 days after submitting final medical forms, I received an email from Emirates confirming that I had passed all my medicals
9 - Day after receiving confirmation an email was sent, confirming acceptance and also requesting I complete online joining form. This form consists of confirming details, accommodation requriements etc.
10 - Final email arrived confirming date of departure
I am flying out 15th December
My whole process took me about 3 months, but this was due to complications with my medicals I had a bit of work to get done on my teeth! - My interview was 17th August - I received acceptance 27th October!
Hopefully the above will give the wouldbe EKer's a bit of insight into the assessment and interview process! - Keep in mind that there is alot of waiting involved and the process can be long and very drawn out, but at the end of it all its worth every minute!

CIRRUS 17 - Dont fret, they usually let you know weather you have been accepted pending on your date of travel and also taking into consideration your notice period, you wouldve have already known weather there was something wrong with your medicals prior to sending them!!!!!!! I know exactly what you are gonig through it took ages to get clearance for my medicals but believe me when it does happen, the sense of relief is unbelievable! Stay positive!

CRAZYSANDRA - You will do well I am sure!

MOTHERHEN, OZY OS - Hello ladies its been a little while hope all is well with you both!

Take care all!