PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FA's have it easier nowadays?
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2006, 17:44
GalleyChick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CHIVILCOY
I know this will raise a few hackles but on a 13 hour flight I noticed that all the FA's only seemed to be about together for about five hours out of the 13.
Is this just an Air France thing or not? come to think about it Iberia do it as well. I would like to know how much rest period you are allowed on a longhaul flight?

Awaiting your responses.
On our flights, we do london to asia flying. All the flights are anything between 10.5 to 13 hours long. Do you think we are physically able to stand up and serve customers for the whole of the flight? We do have bunk beds at the back of our 747's for us to be horizontal for a few hours of the flight. After the first service (takes around 2-3 hours to complete) is finished half of the crew go to sleep in the bunks (or rest as I can't sleep) the other half are on to attend to call bells, snacks, drink runs, fruit runs etc... Then we swap over so the others get some sleep. Then we are all on again to complete the last service before landing (which can take between 2-3 hours again). Hope this answers your question.