PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2006, 15:50
Mark Collins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My statement of the available facilities to EFT was not intended to be misleading, the fact that EFT share these facilities with Ari Ben has been discussed a couple of times on this thread and is generally known by most who have done their research.

I left EFT in Feb of this year and as I said before I never really experienced an over crowded building or the "abysmal" availability of aircraft. I have to reiterate Matthew Adams' point that working closely with your instructor erradicates any potential issues. Both the student and the instructor need to be proactive on this issue as they would in any flight school. As a student it is partly your responsibility to make sure you are on the schedule and your training is progressing.

With regard to the Visa issue you are correct that EFT are not on the list, but I was indeed studying at Ari-Ben, I recieved my FAA SE IR + Commercial, Multi IR Commercial and FI licences through them.

From here I then went on to gain experience instructing JAA students from EFT as this was considered to be the most relevant experience required. EFT are considered to be a preferred training partner of Ari Ben. I was flying aircraft registered to Ari Ben and also being paid by Ari Ben. This information is not a secret and the practice in no way illegal.

Mark.