PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 29th Nov 2006, 15:05
oapilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suspect Baby, that the answer to most of us is a no brainer. Been made redundant once already in my career, and have no desire to go there again, thanks very much.

However, the problem chewing at both BaCon and Flybe guys and girls at the moment is that no one is being told anything. A few hints and maybes here, a lot of speculative bull****, bluster and bravado there, and hey presto, two sets of anxious parties waiting to see if this is resolved sensibly and to everyones benefit, or whether we end up with either a complete clusterf@!k of a rushed integration (pre-emptive please note:- not interested whether we define this as a merger or a take over, so don't bend my ear ) or even worse (for those at BaCon not already moving elsewhere) a P45 from kind old Uncle Willie for Christmas.

Once we know what is actually being proposed we can all start thinking about what that means to us individually, but until that happens, be prepared for more public sole searching, angst and sleepless nights from those in both camps while our worst fears run wild.

I say again this could be good long term for everyone if we can just get it rightish at the outset.....

OAP