PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet
Thread: easyJet
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2006, 12:59
I Just Want To Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Sara,

The letter that they send you is a little bit confusing, as it is a generic letter intended for UK applicants.

For us Aussies, just take the following:

Passport
Resume
Educational Certificates

Alos, the following if possible, but not necessary...
Birth Certificate
National Insurance Card (if you have previously lived in the UK)

UK visas are not required during the recruitment stage, they just need to know that you're eligible. They told us specifically NOT to apply for a UK visa, until we knew we were succesfull.

Don't worry about the Tax Office letter, we don't have them in Australia. After you have your final interview, they will ask you to log in to your application and update your 5 year history. I simply called the HR departments at my previous companies, and asked them for the exact dates of employment. I thought this would be very complicated, because I have worked all over the world...Japan, UK and France, but actually it was very easy.

Then write it all down

Company ABC 02/03/2005 - Present
Company XYZ 11/09/2003 - 02/03/2005
Company DEF 04/05/2002 - 15/08/2003

etc etc... Then fill in the gaps, ie if you have a gap of 14 days or more, that you can't fill, either because you were travelling, or you can't contact your employer for whatever reason. You have to give a GAP reference, (someone you know for more than 5 years who is not a family member) and all they have to do is write what you were doing during the GAP.

Then log back online, and fill it all in. Try to get email addresses and fax numbers for all your references, beacause as there is a 9 hour time difference, EZ will not be able to call Australia.

I had six references in total, but one of the Aussies on my course had 12 seperate references from Jobs, Uni and Gaps. If she made it through, then I'm sure you'll be fine.

The whole reference thing seems very complicated on the surface, but is actually quite simple, it just takes time... They need to make sure you weren't at a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan... that's all.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions...