PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice for large passengers
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2006, 12:21
BOFH
Bludger extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vanderaj

but using the "n-word" replacement test
I really hope that you don't go around applying this 'test' to everything you hear to figure out whether you should be offended or not. Why fish for insults?

You also don't need to bring along your straw man of saying that losing weight is difficult - at what point was that refuted? Just how fat you, your wife, or anyone else wants to be - is absolutely none of my - or anyone else's - business. It is your right to eat as much as you want, and to have it any other way would be an abhorrent intrusion into your life. You seem sentient enough to realise that being fat brings its own problems, and I'm sure that you weigh (snigger) up the pros and cons of your lifestyle.

That is, until you make it my problem. When obese people intrude into what I have every right to expect is my space, their right to gorge themselves on cheap, greasy, mass-produced cheeseburgers and voraciously mopping up any dropped lardy goo from the cardboard box with salty french fries has to be called into question, don't you think?

BOFH