PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jerez V Oxford: Again!
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2006, 11:43
MIKECR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seeings you've asked - as you've probably read previously in this thread, im modular, and have been in F/T employment for the last 10 years(i turned 30 last month). I have paid all my training costs as and when i've been able to afford them. A lot of my flying hours were gained as a tuggy(nil cost to me but took a bit of pushing to get the post in the 1st place) at a local gliding club and apart from an 8k career development loan, I have no debt whatsoever to my flight training. I start my IR in 2 weeks and have offest the cost of that against the equity of my property. Similarly, if I have to pay for a TR thereafter then I still have more than sufficient equity available. I toyed with the idea when I was your age of doing the Integrated route but my parents would have disowned me if i'd tried to borrow 80 thousand squid! Admittedly, im now 30 and its taken a year or 2 longer to get towards the finish line, but I still have 30 years of flying ahead of me. Im not telling you to avoid the integrated route, im merelt trying to hammer home the fact that there are other options available. The like's of the OAT employment statistics arent actually that great, and you could save yourself literally thousands and thousands of pounds!