PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jerez V Oxford: Again!
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2006, 10:25
cfwake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah 80k over 7 years give or take. from what i have found out, pilots are on a sliding scale of pay. therefore the loan repayments that i make during my first year of employment wil certainly not be the same level of pay that i am on after 7 years - if i am still on the same salary, i would suggest that i should have looked for another profession, don't you agree?! in my opinion, during those seven years the salary should increase enough (and certainly from talking to pilots who have been through the process and are still going through the process of paying their loans etc back, this is the impression that i have been given) to clear my debts and maintain a decent, if not excessive, lifestyle.

i say 25k tr and for the repayment option, i used to easyjet pay explanation, which pays a lower amount if the company pays you for it (hence remove the 25k from the equation) or if it is not sponsored, higher pay to 5k per year, as i understand from the website which explains it. this may or may not be the case.