PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2006, 04:08
NH2390

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, the facilities are shared, I simply wanted to correct your statement that EFT has 4 briefing rooms and all those facilities for 25-30 students when that simply isn't true.

Since there isn't physically room in the school building for all 120 students, maybe 30-40, plus a few from EFT, the idea that all would be there for training is ridiculous. It is, however, common for all the briefing rooms to be occupied by students from one school or another, and the 6-seat 'pilot lounge' and the rest of the building are crowded every day.

Availability of aircraft is, frankly, abysmal. It is normal for at least half the fleet to be down for maintenance or awaiting 100-hour checks. No priority is given to EFT or Aviator students.

I'm not sure when you attended EFT, but the housing situation changed at the end of October. Where previously students were housed at the airport for $600 a month ($475 for Ari-Ben students), the accomodation is now 20 miles away in Vero Beach and is $1000 a month ($600 for Ari-Ben students). I have an apartment in Vero and was hoping to have a good friend of mine who is a student at EFT move in, but they were threatened with the extra charge.

A list of Visa sponsors can be found here: http://exchanges.state.gov/jexchanges/
EFT is not on it. The US government believes you were studying at and working for Ari-Ben Aviator. Probably a good idea not to tell them otherwise, eh?

I have directed no criticism at the staff at EFT whatsoever. The instructors I have met and chatted with informally all seemed very professional and knowledgeable. However you can't go to EFT without encountering the Ari-Ben management (they do sponsor your Visa, after all!), and all the other problems encountered by an Ari-Ben student.

Expect many delays due to plane availability. For example, they only have one complex single, which can be a nightmare if you are trying to do your JAA CPL and it goes down for a week or two. It was down for more than a stretch of more than a month during the summer!