PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2006, 21:54
NH2390

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark Collins
In the two years I was at EFT the facilities changed dramatically, they now have at least 4 seperate briefing rooms, dedicated office, dispatch, student lounge and computer and weather stations. The school averages approx 25-30 students max at any one time and although the school will be busy space is never really an issue.

Hope this helps.

Mark

I had to post to clear this up. EFT has none of these facilities apart from a dedicated office. They use the briefing rooms, dispatch, student lounge computers and weather station belonging to another school (Ari-Ben Aviator)which owns the building and have only the office for themselves. The other school has more than 120 students at the moment, so as you can imagine it gets pretty crowded. They also rent all of the planes from the other school which opens up a whole load of problems with availability. You are also required to stay in their accomodation at $1000 a month (yes, really!). EFT have no authority to issue VISAs, they are issued on their behalf by Ari-Ben, a situation which isn't legal.

I have not had training at EFT, but I have at Ari-Ben, and their lack of professionalism is well-stated on these forums. Because of the way EFT works you will encounter all of the same problems while a student there.