PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2006, 21:54
Mark Collins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as I am aware Stephen Fisher doesn't have any financial involvement in EFT and I don't see any reason why he would. I am unaware of the stories mentioned before, but as an aviator and examiner I personally have never come across any problems with him.

Most examiners are slightly excentric and always have there own opinion on how things should be done/taught etc, but you can also learn a lot from them if you are open to constructive evaluation of your performance. Some people are not always so open especially after a stressful flight test.

Some examiners are also more difficult to get on with than others and I am sure all examiners have their fans as well as their detractors.

As to whether this is unfortunate for EFT, I am not too sure it can be helped. The JAA community in Florida has a limited resource when it comes to examiners. The ones they do have I have always found to be fair and constructive in their assesments of student flight tests. This comes from both a student and instructor point of veiw. With any examiner the best approach is to be well prepared and treat them like a normal human being and try to overcome any reputation you may have heard of as most of the time not all elements are truthful.

Last edited by Mark Collins; 28th Nov 2006 at 21:56. Reason: grammer