PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 28th Nov 2006, 20:12
ivor toolbox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be honest Mr Tifosi, does anyone really care, it just looks as if we're exchanging one raft of 'promise everything do the opposite' mis-management for another.

Remember when CitiExpress was the biggest regional airline in europe too?

Anyway,quoting from Flybe's own website

http://www.nextgenerationairline.com/qa.htm

Will Flybe take on all BA Connect routes?

Flybe will take on the majority but not all of BA Connect routes. The commercial team have worked for many months to create a new Flybe network, moulding together Flybe’s strengths and BA Connect’s strengths. This is planned to be announced by 1st January 2007.

Will BA Connect aircraft continue to operate on the current rotations or be spread across the Flybe network?

During the transition phase, they will operate largely as currently deployed, but then the aircraft will be deployed to a new commercial plan. The plan however has been developed to cause as little disruption to current basing as possible.
I don't think closing BRS counts as "little disruption to current basing as possible" ; do you ?

Personally, if I'm to be made redundant,I'd like to know now, rather than wait and suffer the death of a thousand and one cuts.

ttfn