PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jerez V Oxford: Again!
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2006, 19:47
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cfwake
there is a line between advertising and false information.
There is, and some schools' marketing spiel is damn close to crossing that line.
but who am i to say that i haven't started my course yet even!!!
Exactly.

Scroggs, however, i would like to consder your points. you mentioned that some airline pilots didn't go to public school. well some do and indeed some of us trainees did so watch your comments on that issue as it could appear insulting and ill-informed.
Come on, little fishy - just a little further...

Perhaps you should consider that you are suggesting that those pilots who go down an integrated route are foolish for doing so.
Now we're beginning to talk turkey! Go back and read what you've written. Are Oxford paying you? Last time I looked, it cost about £80k for the full deal at Oxford. By the sound of it, you have absolutely no concept of how much money and work that represents to an average person. Perhaps someone else is financing your training, in which case the cost is not an issue, but, on your financier's behalf, you should be ensuring you get value for money and should be able to look beyond the marketing flannel. Unfortunately for you, it would seem that they have you hook, line and sinker, and if that BA job (with its crap pension) doesn't come your way, perhaps OAT PR might employ you?

Really, you need to be a little less credulous and a little more discerning - not to say sceptical. Your posts suggest that in fact you have done very little research except to find information that justifies your pre-judgement. I have nothing against Oxford - they are a very good school - but I find the unfiltered sales blurb that is regurgitated by those who have yet to start training somewhat unpalateable.

Scroggs