PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Shortage?
Thread: Pilot Shortage?
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2006, 19:36
Cuillin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me109

I can identify with your experience of LoCo airline based out of Luton as well.

Made one error right at the beginning - accelerated at 1500' instead of 3000' (doing what I normally do every day of the week) but everything else was to a very above average standard. I speak as someone who is extremely self-critical!

A friend of mine went through on the same day and made several small mistakes (with a different assessor) but was still accepted. He is now a Captain with them.

I pointed out my error on the self assessment form we filled in (self-aware) but still got rejected. Wrote to said company asking to see what had been written about me but was told they couldn't do that. I reminded them that it is the law that someone should have access to something that has been written about them. They relented and told me that the report said that apart from the initial error the rest of the assessment was to a good standard!

My only contact with a certain south-coast based training organisation but it wasn't a good one. They are costing EZY (oops) a lot of perfectly competent individuals but EZY (oops) are too thick skinned to realise it.

All history to me now and their rejection has actually worked in my favour.