PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 3
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 3
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2006, 19:08
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlyBe

Yet more routes!! Mind you BHX needs 'em!!

Looking at the website I would say that both Split and the Sun Dubrovnik are just surplus seats on an already nearly full tour operator booked aircraft - prices are sky high (between £130-150 single) yet the Tues/Thurs Dubrovniks start at about £15 single! Still shouldn't be moaning, a last a brave move by a loco at BHX to tread where no one has before (well since the good old days of JAT at least!) I think both have the potential to do well...........am not in the least surprised that the BE have left the Spanish routes, with Baby and Monarch thats more than enough capacity. What does anyone think about the remaining BACON routes, especially those that are BACON only????? I can see MAD and MXP staying, not sure about TXL, STR, LYS and GVA (as a year round flight), which would leave a dent in schedules despite recent new route announcements.

Interesting times ahead - and why no PGF from BE? Lets hope thats still to be released, its not on from SOU either and i'm sure they did it from there last summer. PS amazed that we still have La Rochelle and Bergerac, can they survive yet another summer onslaught by Ryanair at NEMA? Oh yeah, any more on Jet Airways?? Or are they just another Qatar...........