PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silverjet
Thread: Silverjet
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2006, 10:44
Elizabeth1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I was wondering if you could ellaborate a little more on the selection process. I have an interview on Friday with Silverjet and I have no experience of Cabin Crew so I'm unsure of what the interview will be like; will there be a maths and english test? Will they measure candidates? I have many friends who are Cabin Crew for Virgin and I have heard that the selection process is very intense, does anybody know if it is similar to Virgin?

Many thanks

I'd be so grateful if you could help me
Originally Posted by BestonBoard
Afternoon Ladies & Jellyspoons...

I'm starting training as of Nov 27th, to answer a couple of your queries...

Selection day: Pretty much run of the mill morning, a presentation on the company, what the uniform will be like etc etc... (all black, contrsting black & silver striped shirts/blouses) and tailored suits was what we originally told, no ties/scarves etc as we're are aiming for the relaxed business man approach...
Followed by a group session... prioritising things in order of importance etc etc...
Then sent for a break while they make their decision...
If your successful then you have a 2 to 1 interview, which they tailor around you and what job specs you are looking for... I thankfully have been employed as a service coordinator due to previous experience so I'm well chuffed...

Salary ranges from 10.5k main crew up to 19k line trainer, with approx 10-12k flight pay per annum, (trps are around 50 hrs a time, 2.30 p/h flight pay n about 7-8 returns a month)

Reward scheme based on service excellence, and i think its approx 5% contributory pension by the company.

Don't quote me verbatim on any of these... just a little heads up!

Hope you find it useful